Week 2: The benefits of using technology in teaching and learning.

I believe that there are many benefits of using technology in teaching and learning. However, I would like to focus on one benefit in which it helps the teacher to deliver more engaging and lively contents to the students whilst saving their time in preparing the teaching aids.


                                        http://www.ukinternationalschool.com/digital-classroom/

As you can see in the picture, the students were paying very close attention to the LCD while listening to their teacher's explanation. This is to be expected from the students when the teacher uses technology in the lesson. Based on my own personal experience during my practicum in school last semester, I could see the difference when I incorporated technology in my lesson as the students were very excited of the contents that I would show them throughout the lesson, and their attention span seemed to be longer as compared to the lesson where I only used Mahjung Paper.

In addition, coming back to the benefit, I agree that using technology in my lesson did help me during my practicum as a trainee teacher, I did not have much time to prepare a teaching aids on my own all the time as I have to be involved with the school's activities and other matters. Hence, I used technology as an alternative in my lesson. Furthermore, it is very time effective as I just have to google the materials needed for the lessons, be it in a form of video, audio recording, handouts, and others. However, as a trainee teacher, I also have to be responsible for the materials that used. For examples, I gave credits to the websites in my lesson plans, and I also double-checked the contents so that they were appropriate for my students.

Below is a link to a youtube video on the benefits of using technology in the classroom.

The benefits of technology in the classroom

Comments

  1. Nowadays with IR 4.0, Education 4.0 (otw to 5.0) there a lot of technological tools which can be used in the classroom like VR and AR, provided the schools are well-equipped.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts